We have now been informed that the planned road closure for Coxhill road has been approved. The dates for this are 15th May 2023 through to 4th June 2023 (3 weeks) this is to allow for the following works listed below. WW Martin applied for the closure to coincide with the half term as to reduce the impact on the local community but unfortunately there are some resurfacing works going on nearby, so we were given the next available date. We have posted a letter of notification to residents but unfortunately this did not contain all the information which we can only apologise for any misunderstanding.
Within this closure there will be pedestrian access that will allow foot access to the village hall & Nursery along with the small business within the car park area and obviously to the residents effected by this closure. Due to the nature of the works to be undertaken and the narrow width of Coxhill Road there will be no vehicular access to the village hall and the small local business within the Village Hall car park As mentioned in my update on Friday KCC Highways have now started to look at the flooding issue that occurs outside the site entrance and will possibly be looking to clean all the drainage gully along this stretch during our road closure, but this is yet to be confirmed
- New approved foul drainage connection
- Widening of the highway adjacent the new development
- Installation of new kerb line to form the visibility splays
- Re-location of 2 number open reach telegraph poles
- Replacement of UKPN pole outside number 7 Whittington terrace
- Resurfacing of the road surface outside of site entrance and to a point defined by highways 278 works
- Road markings etc at the site entrance
- Installation of 2 number new road layout signs (these will only be in place for 6 months)
- Utility services crossover (Gas , water & electric)
As with all these types of projects they could be changed should Highways have an emergency nearby so we could be cancelled at short notice, we will however keep you updated and inform you of any changes.
Derek Amas MCIOB
Senior Site Manager