The Parish Clerk has received an update, from contractors W W Martin, on the progress of works at the Coxhill development site. The update is reproduced blow
Works are progressing well on-site and as promised please see below update on what has been happening and works moving forward
- All surface water drainage to the road with the exception of the Aco drain to the very front of the site is now complete. This will now allow any water from the roadway to be captured into the soakaway system designed and approved by DDC planning
- An edging of block known as a kerb brace has been installed and as can be seen from the attached photos shows how the shape of the road will look once completed to the required finish
- We have created a office set up within the site which now allows deliveries etc to enter via the main entrance on Coxhill Road
Upcoming works week commencing 30th January 2023
- On Monday we will be laying the Tarmacadam to the development access road thus giving us a clean surface to work from there will be an increased volume of traffic due to the quantity of materials required for the roadway
- Our civils contractor will commence excavation of footings on Monday which then puts us in a position to commence the building of the approved dwellings. This will continue for a period of time and we will update further when we will commence the erection of the dwellings themselves
- Bricklayers will commence towards the end of the week installing the sub-structure blockwork ready to receive the block & beam floors
- Wednesday will see the commencement of muck away for a period of approximately 2 weeks so again there will be an increased volume of traffic coming from the A2 end of the village. We will have a Marshall at the gate during these works and will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum.
We will update further as works progress.
As a matter of safety can we please request that if any member of the village needs to talk to the site manager can they either send an email to the address below or alternatively please wait at the gate and a member of the site team will inform the site manager someone wants to speak to him.
Derek Amas MCIOB
Senior Site Manager